Ultrasound – Pelvic PREPARATION
If your doctor gave you a requisition, please bring that with you on the day of your exam, along with your health card.
- No fasting is required for a pelvic ultrasound.
- 2 hours before your appointment time start drinking the required amount of water. Finish drinking the water 1 hour before your appointment time.
- Males: Drink 1 Litre of water (4 cups or 32 oz.)
- Females: Drink 1.25 Litres of water (5 cups or 40 oz.)
- Do not empty your bladder before the exam.
- For a transvaginal ultrasound please check with staff before voiding your bladder.
- Wear loose clothing the day of the exam. You may be required to change into a gown.
- Leave jewelry at home.
- Arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time.
- If you are experiencing pain due to an overfull bladder, please let the receptionist know.
- Note: If your bladder is not full at the time of your exam, a wait of 1-2 hours may be required, or you may have to reschedule.
Please be aware that these are required for every exam visit.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment.
- A valid health card must be shown at every visit.
- A signed requisition by a registered healthcare provider is mandatory for all exams.
- If you would like to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please notify our office at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled time.
Please note that due to staff allergies our clinics are PERFUME-FREE FACILITIES. Thank you.